NewHaven COVID-19 Update: March 19, 2020
Hello Again NewHaven Family,
As you know, change is happening quickly as our Federal, State and Local authorities announce adjustments and restrictions to contain the progress of the COVID-19 virus. We have been working to stay on top of the situation, making sure our activities model what is required for all of us to stay healthy and safe.
With the most recent adjustments to the emergency declaration by the city of Lawton we have made further updates to the NewHaven schedule:
– We will not gather at the building to worship the Sundays of March 22, March 29, April 5 and April 12. The message will be streamed live on our Facebook Group page, “NewHaven Lawton”, at approximately 11:30 am those mornings. This means that we will not meet together to worship on Easter Sunday April 12 which is disappointing. I will be working with our Leadership team to determine how we can celebrate that most important event in light of the present circumstances.
– Axis Student Ministry will not meet the Wednesdays of March 25, April 1, April 8 and April 15.
– The NewHaven Eggstravaganza April 11 is cancelled as it does not comply with the emergency restrictions issued by the City of Lawton.
– Our Baptism Sunday, April 19 will be postponed until a later date.
– Once Lawton Public Schools are back in session, visits by NewHaven members to Washington Elementary in conjunction with our partnership will be suspended until further notice.
In the next few days the Leadership team will be meeting to develop ways we can continue to stay connected as a church family. Look for more information on that soon.
Please know these were difficult decisions to make, but necessary in light the current environment. If you would, please call and share this news with those who may not be on our Facebook group page. This is the time to ask ourselves, “How can we be the Church outside the walls of the building?” Consider making a phone call or writing a note to someone who needs to hear an encouraging voice. Check on your neighbors and practice generosity. As the situation evolves we will continue to be in touch regarding our worship dates in April.
Join us in praying that the illness is quickly contained and passes. Pray for those who are infected and also the medical staff working tirelessly to provide care. Know I am lifting all of you up in prayer daily. Hang in there.
Peace, Blessings and Strength,
– Pastor Chad